Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Friday, October 27, 2006

Eat Pray Love

Love Love Love this book. I didn't want it to end, I wanted more. I envy Ms. Gilbert's writing style becaause she makes it look so easy to write. I hope my writing style is like this. I laughed often and would hand the book to Kurt to have him read sections. The description of Naples made me understand exactly what kind of city it is. And after friends who have been there showed us video, Ms. Gilbert was right on without even describing one building or street. Her honesty and vulnerability are refreshing and I never felt like she was trying to convince me of anything, just sharing some amazing experiences. Of course the first third of the book is about her living in Rome, learning Italian (for no other reason than she wants to) and eating. What could ever be wrong with that? The book inspired me to write and write better, work harder, be quieter (or not when appropriate) and live. Or as Susan Sarandan says "Say yes to life." And Pray. Whatever that means to me, pray. Read the book please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home