Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

New Yorker

My husband sent me a book, "Collapse," so I could read the chapter on the Mayan society, since I'm in Mexico. Well, I haven't gotten to it yet, but I will. My friend who came to visit brought it along with 2 New Yorker magazines. So I have read the New Yorker. The first issue I read, from May, seemed to have something so fascinating on every page. I think I almost read it to pieces. There was also an article about Wikipedia that she had separately given to me from another issue of the New Yorker. Plus a hilarious review of Mission Impossible III. Reading the magazine was like wading into a cool pond after a long hot climb to get there. We were in Puebla (see the other blog soon) for 2 nights and now we are back in Mexico City. I can say with some certainty that I will be home in LA in 2 weeks. I'm so happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home