Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Merri-go-round has stopped...

....for a few months, anyway! I'm now in Mexico City and will be here for a while. I have brought a stack of books with me for the few moments I have between working and sleeping. To catch up: I read The Bourne Identity. It was very late 70's. I liked the movie version a lot better. At the Montreal airport I bought "The Devil Wears Prada" and whipped through that right quick. It was funny and brutal and I want to see the movie. Well, I actually bought the book to read because I figured I wouldn't get a chance to see the movie for a while. Great summer book. At LAX, in between checking in all my bags and crying on my husband's shoulder, I bought (he bought for me) a magazine (Newsweek with Johnny Depp on the cover) and a book called Ask the Pilot by Patrick Smith. Good/easy/funny book about all things flying. I laughed out loud a few times. The book comes from his column at Salon.com which is here. I'm almost done with this book and will then move onto something else.......but I'm not sure what yet. I'm also reading Entertainment Weekly with Superman on the cover. Later I'll post some photos from Mexico City. It's all about color here. Hasta Luego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home