Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hi, I'm Julia and I'm a Bookaholic.

Hi Julia. Yesterday I went to Borders to buy one book as a gift. I came home with that gift and also with six more books! Do I have a problem? I guess if my problem is I love to read, it's not a really big problem. But still... ...Nevermind. Here is what I bought: *The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum *Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco *Casual Lex (An Informal Assemblage of Why We Say What We Say) by Webb Garrison *The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner by David Bach *Lies At The Altar (The Truth About Great Marriages) by Dr. Robin Smith *You're Wearing That? (Understanding Mothers and Daughters in Conversation) by Deborah Tannen I started reading both Casual Lex and Bourne Identity yesterday. Casual Lex is a fun book about word/phrase origins. Good fun. Bourne Identity is great summer, no brainer reading and quite different from the movie (which I liked a lot.) What I like better about the movie is that he doesn't force Marie at gunpoint to help him (as he does in the book) and so when she does, they are on the same side. I have only gotten a few chapters in but I suspect that even after holding her at gunpoint and threatening her life, she will decide that really, he's okay. I like the movie version better. Foucault's Pendulum was recommended by good friends after we went to see the Da Vinci Code. I look forward to that. The others are books that I heard about on Oprah (Lies at the Altar), NPR (You're Wearing that?) and because I bought his first book (Automatic Millionaire Homeowner) and he's on Oprah. I like David Bach. Very down to earth, common sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home