Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Reading!

Having exhausted all the reading material (magazines) we had, I did in fact bring a book to work. Now, this is not usually "done." But on this job, it is not such a problem. I began reading My Life in Heavy Metal by Steve Almond. A book of short stories loaned to me by my dear friend Emily. Thank you Emily! Great stories. The style is very modern but not over the top, totally self-reflective modern, like Love Monkey was. I read that book a while back and while I found it sort of funny in spots, it was too much aware of how cool and ironic and self referential it was. Too much winking at the reader. I highly recommend My Life in Heavy Metal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home