Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm Reading! I'm Reading!

And not just magazines. I have jumped into "The Whistling Season" by Ivan Doig. For the last couple of nights I have been pleasantly surprised to find myself staying up for almost an hour, reading, before I have to turn off my light and sleep. All summer in Mexico it was all I could do not to fall asleep before getting into bed! So to sit and read and read and read is wonderful. The book is good, not too far astray from what Ivan Doig normally does, which I like. I needed a comfortable way to get re-started and this is it. I almost went to the bookstore yesterday, but stopped myself. There are many many many books on my shelf waiting to be read. And the shelf I'm talking about is the secondary book-shelf in my office, not the main one in the living room. It has 40 books on it, all waiting, patiently. That's the wonderful thing about books. They are always there for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home