Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Still April, though barely...

The good thing is, I have been writing. I have also been doing some paying work, always a good thing. I have also been reading. Not a lot! But I have been reading. Currently I'm in the middle of two books. The first one is: Have I mentioned I'm a huge Doris Day fan? HUGE. I am rivaled only by my mother. She introduced me to Doris with Calamity Jane (a comfort movie I watch to this day on VHIS -- haven't upgraded to DVD yet...) then when she felt I was ready, Teacher's Pet . Clark Gable? Doris Day? Oh yeah, baby. Oh yeah. Rent it. Tivo it. Netflix it. Whatever you have to do to get it, get it. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through this book, so more on that later. I'm also about a 1/3rd of the way through: Fascinating take on how we as a society think/sell/feel about food and food companies. More on this too... I have to get back to fiction soon. I've been on a long non-fiction streak and am missing a good, meaty story. And it's not like I don't have many books WAITING!! Que sera, sera! Oh, and when I have a moment to clean my office and find it, I will scan and post the sweet note that Doris sent me. ME! She wrote to me after I sent her a note. Okay, a fan letter. I had tears in my eyes when I pulled her letter out of my mailbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home