Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Junk Food

A month between posts! Yowza. I have been reading, but more importantly, I've been writing. I'm working on two writing deadlines an have been focusing on that as my top priority. As my treat before bed, I have been consuming Candyfreak by Steve Almond. Mr. Almond is a great read and makes me laugh out loud. I also read parts out loud to my husband as I know he will A) appreciate the topic and B) appreciate the writing. My good friend (and fellow reader) Emily loaned me My life in Heavy Metal last year, a collection of short stories by Mr. Almond. Highly recommend. I got Candy Freak as a gift for my birthday. I was listening to the podcast of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me this morning and heard about a new book called Twinkie, Deconstructed (2nd title is: My Journey to Discover How the Ingredients Found in Processed Foods Are Grown, Mined (Yes, Mined), and Manipulated Into What America Eats.) I am tempted to read this book, but am also afraid to at the same time. I have probably had one or two twinkies, or bites of a twinkie, in the last 15 years. Just thinking about twinkies and their petroleum like residue makes me shudder. Blech. Maybe I'll just put the book in my cart and consider it for a later time... And lastly, I have been continuing my real estate investing education and have been reading Real Estate Investing for Dummies. Fascinating good info that we can use right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home