Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tag! I'm It!

Annie, the Super Fast Reader, from her website reading is my superpower, tagged me for a meme! First of all, I am so pleased that someone outside of my own family is reading this site. Second of all, I have to apologize to her since she tagged me on May 16th. The excuses are: out of town visiting my mom, didn't bring my computer, too much work to do when I got home, blah blah blog (as my friend Micah would say.) So -- the tagging/meme -- Here are the rules: 1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. 2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules. 3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. 4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog. I'm going to follow Annie's lead and write 8 random facts about me all having to do with reading: 1. The first full-length book I remember reading was Little House in the Big Woods. I was 6-ish. 2. The first time I read To Kill A Mockingbird I was in 6th grade at Lihikai Elementary school. The librarian suggeseted it. 3. I read The Shining when I was about 13 during the summer. The book freaked me out so much I had to stop reading at about 5pm every day so I wouldn't be afraid to go to sleep. 4. I joined a flicker group recently called Reading Stack. I posted three different pictures and now need to post another since cleaning my office and making a new stack! 5. I like to travel to places I read about in books, fiction or non-fiction. I like standing in the spots described and remembering the book I read that brought me there. 6. I have to read before I got to sleep. Even if it is just half an article in a magazine, it is part of my going to sleep ritual. (Ask Kurt about the stretchy dance...) 7. I sometimes find myself judging people by the amount of books they have in their house. I'm not proud of it. 8. I don't understand why men (it seems mostly men) need to take a lot of reading material in the bathroom with them. On to tagging: Brian at MacinKlotz Will at [sic] Frazgo at frazgomeanders Kira at Joe's Pila-T-Shop Carrie at Sommer Designs Micah at Shut Up I Know! It says to tag 8 people, but this is the best I could do today. Thanks again Annie! I will also do a variation on this theme/meme on my other blog: Julia in Mexico City

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your list! You are definitely a kindred spirit :)

6/07/2007 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger frazgo said...

Oh boy I totally get the Meme tagging thingy. Sheesh...I will get even!

6/07/2007 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

6/07/2007 09:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home