Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

More Summer Reads

I am only on chapter three in More Sex is Safer Sex. I wasn't wildly inspired to pick it up again. I probably will, but not right now. I wanted to get back to a novel, but I didn't feel in the mood to choose -- so many on my shelves to choose from. Then I remembered -- the new Harry Potter comes out July 21: (I ordered mine on February 1.) I need to get caught up since it has been two years since Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince came out. So I'm backing up two books and starting with The Order of the Phoenix. I read the first three chapters last night and am pleased. I had forgotten that Harry is just PISSED OFF in Order of the Phoenix which makes him so much more interesting. Plus the movie comes out this summer and I'm looking forward to that. Kurt asked me the other day what I was reading and I mentioned that I would re-read these and he was surprised. He doesn't understand why people like to re-read books. I don't understand why you wouldn't. Granted, I only read some books over again, not all. If I find a book I really like, that takes me away to a particular place and time, I love going back there to visit. Sure, I know what the big plot points might be already, but the nuance and details always seem fresh. The parts that make you laugh out loud or cry are such a joy to experience again. I can't wait for the Deathly Hollows to come out. Can't WAIT to find out about Snape and his true calling, his true nature, his true feelings. ooooooooohhhhhhh! (Then in the last movie, Alan Rickman will probably, finally, get to really shine.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "Snapes on a Plane" picture cracked me up.

Since I'm in school right now, I don't have time for pleasure reading. I have my Harry Potter book on pre-order from Amazon and I'm going to re-read at least one of the previous books to get back in the swing of things this summer.

6/07/2007 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks for commenting!

I also enjoy reading your posts on Blogging.la

6/07/2007 04:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home