Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Movie

I went to see HP and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday. And I know none of you will find this shocking, but I wanted more. My husband came along and he is quite the muggle in the HP world. He didn't get much of the nuance there. I was saying how I liked that they occasionally gave Ginny a look when Harry was with Cho. Kurt said, "Who was Ginny?" Books (any books) are always better than movies. Okay, maybe 99.9% of the books are better. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is just about equal. And after reading The Bourne Identity, I appreciate that they really modernized the story and characters in the movie. (The book was SO 70s in it's attitudes.) I love seeing movies made out of the books I've read, even though I'm pretty sure they won't live up to my imagination. But still, seeing the characters on the big screen is a treat and especially the Potter crew. (My favorite characters have to be Fred and George Weasley and I love the twins they have playing them.) But the loss of so much wonderful detail from the HP books is always a let down. I really wanted Ron to have some quiditch time. I won't go into any more detail. I hope some day that a mini-series gets made of each book so that people who haven't read them or don't know the books too well can enjoy the in jokes and side characters that mean almost nothing in these feature films now. Really, I'm just counting down the hours until next Saturday and the arrival of my Deathly Hallows. Go see the movie -- like I need to tell you to see it -- I think Daniel Radcliffe did a great job this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home