Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Harry Potter Continues

Despite all the ribbing Kurt is giving me about re-reading books (what is his problem with this? He keeps saying "honey, I'll buy you a new book, I promise!" Clearly he hasn't been paying attention to the stacks and stacks of new books I have that are yet to be read. But I don't want to read them now, I want my Harry Potter!) I have finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (click to see the trailer for this summer's movie!) and loved it. It has been two years since I read it and I forgot all about Ron and Quidditch, all about Snape and Occlumancy lessons and the thestrals. I was going to wait a week or two before starting on The Half Blood Prince because I wanted to be able to finish it and then slide right into The Deathly Hallows. But since it won't be here until late July, I'm afraid I will read it too fast and then have to wait a few weeks before it gets here. Hi, I'm 10 years old again. But I couldn't. I had to start reading it last night. I'll try not too read toooooooo many pages before bed. Stretch it out. Funny thing -- while looking for a fun link to make out of "Half Blood Prince" I found this website called Half-Blood Prince -- The Ultimate Canon Severus Snape Site which is ALL about Snape, what he's said, what he wears, who he hangs out with and his birthday. Holy cow. I'm on the internet a lot but I forget about these kinds of fansites. I mean, I love these books too, and I can't wait to find out the truth about Snape, but wow. Oh, and if you want to play Muggle Quidditch, go here. Could be fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger frazgo said...

Re-reading books is alright in my world. Thanks for the muggle quiddich link...my Potter fan is going nuts with it.

6/18/2007 07:01:00 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Very happy to help with the land-base quidditch.

6/18/2007 07:07:00 AM  
Blogger Amey said...

Re-reading Harry Potter...
Well, for me DH cannot come early enough, though I am going to have a hard time facing no-new-Harry-Potter after July :(

6/20/2007 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

I have to agree Fleiger -- I haven't let myself think about it yet!!

6/20/2007 07:23:00 PM  
Blogger Amey said...

JKR said she wants to set up help centers for people who may need help after reading about the death of their favourite character. I think we should have centers to treat withdrawal symptoms ;)

Anyways, there are some books/series which I am looking forward to after HP, so I am positive..

6/21/2007 06:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home