Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve

I had a bit of a post-christmas malaise along with a nasty sinus infections this past week. I couldn't bring myself to start a new book. I did read a few pages of the travel book my husband gave me, but it hasn't latched on quite yet. What I did read was Little Town on the Prairie and These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder. These books are like potato chips to me, I can't read just one. I did have to skip The Long Winter though, it was too depressing to read just then. I even went to Dutton's bookstore yesterday after seeing my chiropractor and DIDN'T BUY ANY BOOKS!!! Shocking, I know. I did buy some stationery and two magazines. I was also looking for alphabet rubber stamps, but didn't find any. (Sorry mom.) I bought GQ because Jack Black was on the cover and I find him very funny. (Haven't seen King Kong yet, don't know if I ever will.) The other magazine I bought was Found #4. Have you ever heard of this magazine? Someone bought the book for us last year for Christmas and we were fascinated. At first it seems sort of strange and you think, why would I find any of this interesting, it is all just trash. Then 20 pages have gone by. Hard to explain, just check it out. Happy New Year to you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got alphabet rubber stamps yesterday in the mail for a mail-order art place. Thanks for looking and some day soon we'll do a craft store tour in LA.

12/31/2005 01:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home