Julia's Bookshelf

I am a reader. I love books. I want to share this love.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What I'm Reading Now

I just finished reading Prep by Curtiss Sittenfeld. Talk about teenage angst. The main character fascinated me and I wanted to see how it ended, but golly it was so not happy. And I don't mean in a drug taking, lost weekend, we are young and have no future kind of way. I got impatient with it. Okay. Here is what I'm trying to spit out. While I did have some teenage angst (it comes with first crushes and zits) I actually really liked high school. A lot. And I wouldn't consider myself in any way popular. I saw myself as square square and square. So while in some instances I could relate to her experiences, I got impatient with it all too. Or does that mean I'm really a grown up now? Hard to say. I would recommend it though. Now I'm reading: Julie and Julia : 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell This book started as a blog by Ms. Powell and if she really is a first time writer, she had something going on from somewhere before. So far I'm enjoying their life as young marrieds in New York, adventures in moving, cooking and 9/11. P.S. Happy Birthday Dor Dor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home